Effective Date: June 1, 2021
Last Updated: September 21, 2021
This website is owned and operated by Vitality in Aging Research Group, Inc. (“ViAgingTM”). This Privacy Notice describes what information we collect, how we collect information, the steps we take to protect your information, and what we do with the information that we collect on our website www.VitalityinAging.org. We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time, and the changes are effective upon posting. Please review our Privacy Notice regularly. If you do not agree to the changes, please discontinue your use of the website.
If you are a resident of California, please refer to our California Privacy Notice for further information about California specific practices for the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA).
If you are a resident in the European Union, European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, this notice does not apply. Please refer to the GDPR Privacy Notice.
If you have difficulty using or accessing any element of this website, please contact us and we will work with you to provide the information, item, or transaction you seek through a communication method that is accessible for you consistent with applicable law, for example, through telephone support.
Information We Collect
When using our website, you may voluntarily provide information about yourself. We collect this information when you contact us through our website, create an account, or interact with us for any other purpose. We may collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact information such as name, email address, and phone number will be collected through the Vitality in Aging Research Group, Inc. website;
- Unique identifiers such as user name, password, security question, name, email address, phone number, and mailing address will be collected through a highly secure and HIPAA compliant electronic data capturing system;
- Information associated with your inquiries to us such as email/fax/postal correspondence
- Information associated with your website interactions with us, our affiliates, or others such as screen shots and audit logs;
- Information about your health and medical history associated with your study enrollment such as your test results, family health history, and life style choices, will be collected through a highly secure and HIPAA compliant electronic data capturing system;
- Data that you may provide to us in the course of registering for and attending programs, events or meetings, including access and dietary requirements; and
- Any other personal data relating to you that you may provide.
See the “Digital Advertising & Analytics” section of this Privacy Notice to learn more about the use of this information and the choices available to you.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may also collect certain non-personally identifiable information via the website, such as website usage activity and preferences, also known as profile or demographic data, the type of browser used by a visitor, the web page from which you came, and the operating system running the user’s connections to the service. This data is not linked to you. This helps us make the website as useful as possible.
The website uses small files called “cookies,” which are pieces of information that your browser receives from websites and stores on your computer’s hard drive. For additional information regarding cookies, please see our Cookies Statement.
How We Use Your Information
The information we receive allows us to tailor our website and your browsing experience. It also enables us to customize the content and layout of our pages, notify you about updates to our website and provide you with research information. We may use your information for any lawful purpose, including the following:
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To operate, personalize, and improve the website, including for analytics purposes;
- To send promotions and marketing materials regarding our trials that may be of interest to you;
- For advertising purposes;
- For our other business purposes, such as research, and operational purposes;
- To comply with the law and to maintain the security of our website; or
- With your consent, or as otherwise disclosed at the time information is collected.
How We Share Data
We may enter into relationships with different categories of third parties such as third-party service providers with affiliates, joint marketing partners, advertisers, or other companies that provide products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. In order to do so, we may share information that you provide through the website, like your name and postal address, so you can receive the materials.
We may share the information we collect with other parties, including the following:
- Our affiliate vendors, consultants, agents, contractors, and other service providers that we use to support our business;
- To operate, maintain, and improve our websites;
- As part of a corporate sale, merger, or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets, or other corporate change affecting our website, including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law, or to protect our rights or the rights of third parties;
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We may share information that has been anonymized or aggregated without limitation.
Digital Advertising & Analytics
Vitality in Aging Research Group, Inc. uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the website and for analytics. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our website, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and to opt-out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Third-Party Links & Tools
Our website may contain links to websites outside our control. This Privacy Notice does not cover any personal information that you provide to the owner of a third-party website, and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these external websites. Please be aware that other websites operate under their own privacy policies and that these websites may collect your personal information. We encourage you to review the privacy statements on the websites you visit.
Please note that as part of participating in the Vitality in Aging Longitudinal Study of Aging you will be purchasing blood tests from Life Extension and your results will be sent to a third party for processing. Life Extension may use results from blood lab tests and/or clinical research studies for research, informational, and educational purposes from time to time. Any data used for these purposes will be anonymous, and blood test results will not be link with any specific individual. Life Extension will also be providing your blood test results to Vitality in Aging Research Group.
Your Choices About Your Information
You may control your account information, such as your name, mailing address, and phone number, through our electronic data management system by emailing Info@VitalityinAging.org.
Modifying or Deleting Your Information
If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, or if you want to remove your name or comments from our website or publicly displayed content, you can contact us directly at info@VitalityinAging.org. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances.
Email Communications Preferences
From time to time, we may send you emails regarding updates to our studies or new clinical trials that we think may be of interest to you. Vitality in Aging Research Group, Inc. will remove you from our mailing list if you email a request to Info@VitalityinAging.org. However, if you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your participation in one of our clinical trials.
If you have questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, please contact us here:
Vitality in Aging Research Group, Inc.
Attn: Information Security Office
7050 W. Palmetto Park Rd.
Boca Raton, Florida 33433 USA
Or by email at info@VitalityinAging.org